Sunday, March 16, 2014

Brandon Overall says, "Writing ... the ultimate way to bring a fantasy to life" #scifi #amreading



Why do you write?
-Writing, to me, is the ultimate way to bring a fantasy, thought, or idea to life.  Imagine going to a movie or reading a book where your thoughts guided what happens on the screen or on the pages.  You can decide how the story will play out, but even then, it’s still a surprise to you.  It’s kind of like dreaming while you are awake.
Have you always enjoyed writing?
-I’ve always enjoyed it, but for some reason I haven’t actually taken it up as a hobby until recently.
What motivates you to write?
-I want to create stories that other people will read and remember.  I want my writing to inspire thoughts in people that they would have never had otherwise.
What writing are you most proud of?
-So far the only thing I have written is my novel Superhuman Nature but I’m really happy with how it turned out! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FGYIIPY
What are you most proud of in your personal life?
-I am most proud of following my dream and becoming an Officer in the Army.  It took a lot of work, but it was definitely worth it.  My life is exactly where I want it right now.
What books did you love growing up?
-I didn’t read a whole lot growing up, but I did love the Harry Potter series (who doesn’t?) and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  I also really like the book Watchers by Dean Koontz.
Who is your favorite author?
-I would definitely have to say J.K. Rowling
What book genre of books do you adore?
-Most types of fantasy and sci-fi
What book should everybody read at least once?
Starship Troopers.  It’s got a lot of really thought provoking commentary.
Is there any books you really don’t enjoy?
-Just can’t get into Romance.  I don’t think I’m part of the demographic that’s supposed to enjoy it, though.
What do you hope your obituary will say about you?
-That I was survived by my children who received my massive fortune.

SuperhumanNature
Superhuman Nature is Brandon Overall's first novel. It was written and published during his first deployment to Afghanistan as a 2nd Lieutenant in late 2013.
Neil Hitchens was a senior ROTC Cadet in college. He was just weeks away from graduating and becoming an Officer in the United States Army, until a strange dream set off a chain of events that would twist his life into something he could have never prepared for.
In the days following his dream, several strange happenings occurred that he began to suspect were the result of his own actions. Before long, he discovered that he had the ability to control the world around him with his mind.
What started out as an unpredictable ability quickly evolved into an extraordinary power that had the capacity to change the world. It didn't take long for the government to find out what Neil could do.
They knew having such limitless potential on the side of the US Military could give them limitless political influence, and they would stop at nothing to get Neil to do their bidding. They would find out what happens when you back a dangerous animal into a corner.
Neil spent his whole life believing he would amount to greatness, but he never expected how greatness could corrupt even the most innocent of minds.
Buy @ Amazon & Smashwords
Genre – Science Fiction
Rating – PG-13
More details about the author
Connect with Brandon Overall on Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates